- Posted by john mills
- On February 12, 2016
- 0 Comments
- grilling, outdoor bars
Outdoor living spaces are becoming more popular, not only as a place where you can relax or entertain in style, but also as an extension of the more functional areas of your home. Outdoor kitchens have become sought-after additions to many backyards and patios, and now is the perfect time to start planning yours, so that it’s ready to use just in time for warmer weather.
Here are a few things to consider when creating an outdoor kitchen.
Benefits of an Outdoor Kitchen
There are many benefits to outdoor kitchens, such as:
- Extended living spaces. Outdoor living spaces extend your home beyond its walls, taking advantage of exterior square footage such as patios and turning them into places where you can cook, eat, entertain, and even just enjoy your home.
- Convenient cooking spaces. Grilling is an easy and tasty way to add more fresh and healthy foods to your diet. In addition, cooking outside can be preferable in the summer, when the heat from an indoor oven and stove can quickly become uncomfortable indoors.
- Increased value to your home. Outdoor living spaces are becoming very popular, with outdoor kitchens as one of the top choices. Jumping on this trend can generate a return on your investment whenever you sell your home, whether sooner or later.
Planning Your Outdoor Kitchen
Just as with any kitchen, planning takes time and thought if you want to make sure you get all the details right. With the many options available for outdoor living spaces, you’ll want to ask yourself a few questions to make sure you get yours right.
- How often will you cook outside? If you’re only planning to grill outdoors occasionally, you probably don’t need an elaborate setup. If you love to cook, however, you’ll want more than just a nice grill. Consider including a sink, food prep space, plenty of electrical outlets, and even higher-end equipment, such as a pizza oven.
- Who will be using the space? If you entertain often, you’ll want a bigger and more open space to facilitate cooking for guests. If you just plan to spend some time outside by yourself or with your family, on the other hand, you’ll likely want something smaller, quainter, and cozier.
- How much time do you intend to spend outside? Some homeowners love their outdoor spaces, and spend as much time as they can in them. These people should spend as much time and care in designing their outdoor spaces as they would a remodel job on the interior of their home.
From Dream to Reality
Despite all your dreaming and planning, your outdoor kitchen may never become reality without a few final considerations.
- Stay within your budget. If you plan too far above what you can actually afford, your outdoor kitchen will always remain slightly out of reach. Consult your savings, speak to your lender, or plan your kitchen in stages so that you can pay for it it in installments.
- Find a good contractor. Unless you are one of the talented few who can do the work yourself, you will likely need a contractor or a company that specializes in outdoor kitchens. Finding people and products you can trust is important.
With nicer weather on the way, now is the perfect time to start planning your outdoor kitchen. If you start planning now, you could be cooking in it in just a few months. With the many benefits of an outdoor kitchen, the only real question left to ask yourself is: What are you waiting for?
Talk to Wildwood. When it comes to cooking and entertaining family and friends, there is nothing more enticing than doing it outdoors in the California sun, or under a star lit night. But the thought of finding contractors, Checking references, bids, and dealing with all the details, dust and workman coming and going can be daunting to say the least.
We make it easy with our modern factory built modular systems. Designed to speed up the outdoor kitchen building process and eliminate intrusive construction. Trust your project to Wildwood. Our systems are designed by chefs and engineers who know what works and looks good. Factory assembled and test fitted, our kitchen system installs in hours.
The Process starts with an in depth consultation where your vision is solidified. Wildwood prepares a Design Package with construction documents, equipment list, and project renderings. As a manufacturer of wood fired ovens and bespoke BBQs for home and restaurants for over 13 years you can rest assured your project is in good hands.
It’s all in the details. Since 2002 Wildwood has designed hundreds of beautiful outdoor kitchens the world over. Our attention to detail is our hallmark, purse hooks, LED lighting, storage areas, design accents, concrete counter tops with decorative inlays… as they say “ God is in the Details.
A different kind of BBQ. Specializing in Brazilian BBQs and Argentinean Parilla’s for the home we offer a unique and innovative approach to the outdoor kitchen. Now you can have a Brazilian Steak House at home, we also carry traditional built in premium grills with infrared rotisseries. Yes you can have it all With our custom bespoke designs, anything is possible. Let your imagination run Wild! Wildwood Ovens and BBQs.
Please visit wildwoodovens.com to see our extensive line of wood-fired ovens and Brazilian and Japanese style barbecues. We also offer design services to help you create exactly the outdoor kitchen you desire.